About Kestrel Workbench
Our software tool Kestrel Workbench, offers a simple and intuitive interface to control how Kestrel K2 devices work. Our software offers complete OEM flexibility in hardware configurations combined with user definable application software. Workbench allows control of every aspect of how the radar and overall system behaves in response to detection. The OEM integrator can for the first time define the actual application running on the radar platform.
The K2 series of radars alongside the Kestrel Workbench software tool represents many years of research and development in order to overcome traditional barriers to flexibility. Our software is dynamic, customisable and expandable.
Kestrel Workbench frees the product from the vendor imposed limitations and instead offers our customers a whole new world of possibilities enabling them to create their own bespoke solutions for a wide range of applications.
Customers opting to use Bluetooth in their systems also have access to an Android version of Kestrel Workbench, for easy deployment and wireless management of radar configuration and data upload/download. This is a fantastic and easy to use tool for set up and maintenance for field engineers.
Learn how Kestrel Workbench sets itself apart from other software solutions.
Component Based Software
Kestrel Workbench uses a modern component based design, this means that the application is not a single entity but is instead built from interlocking modules which have a common interface. This has a number of design advantages:
- Easy to add or remove software features.
- Installer template included
- Future Proof Architecture
- Allows custom features to be developed
- Future SDK will allow OEMs to produce their own custom software features
Integrated Development Environment
Develop and test radar applications in a single software tool. Kestrel Workbench includes a full editor and compiler for applications and a simulation environment that allows the application to be developed and tested independently of any hardware.
- Full application development environment
- Project based applications
- Full simulation environment
- Develop applications before physical hardware is available
- Modifications to functionality can be achieved by simply updating or replacing the OEM application.
Graph Generation and Reports
Kestrel Workbench can import data from radars and produce reports and charts from datasets with ease.
- Create PDF reports with charts inside the software
- Comprehensive report options allow you to visualise important data
- Excel support means that data & charts can be saved as an Excel workbook which allows further analysis or inclusion into Word and Powerpoint documents.
- Components are used to provide reporting and this allows the reporting to be further customised and allows for additional report types to be added